Friday, September 21, 2007

We have a new family member........

and I am so excited about it. Her name is Molly, and believe it or not she gets called Mole for short :). It isn't actually as bad as it sounds because Molly is a horse. I brought her on Sunday. Funny really as we have been down to Invercargil to have a look (nearly two hours away) and we ended up getting her about 5 minutes away. She is an adorable Standardbred and is 15 years old and at an estimate 15 hands high. I have been on her everyday (except for today as we were away). It is great to be getting my confidence back and being back in the saddle again. Here is some photos :)

Haven't done much on the scrapping front (I wonder why). But have done two layouts. The first layout is based on sketches at sketchs Oz blogspot web site It is of all my children in the bath. Aren't they gorgeous.


The second one is based on a sketch from scrapwitch and is of Jake with Mrs Fluitsma at his last school. They just adored each other and Mrs Fluitsma even wrote a good bye letter for Jake and gave us three fruit trees (one for each kid) in rememberance of her. She is one special lady.

So I will leave you all with this short note. I am off for a bath to soothe my aching muscles. Muscles I had forgotten about. So take care

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your Molly is beautiful!!

Mardi said...

oh lucky you....I had a horse as a child...and rode everyday...I havent been on one for 20 years now... its a shame..
Mardi x

Lara said...

nice looking horse & lvoing these layouts too!