Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm back

Well scool camp has ended and so too has my scrapping weekend :(


School camp was really hard for Lionel. Jake was picked on the whole time by the kids (even with Lionel there) and made to feel left out through the whole time away. Lionel said if it hadn't been for Olly going then he would of brought Jake home as he felt so sorry for him. And Lionel couldn't do much or say much to the other kids. The teacher sorted a couple of the kids out, but it was so hard. Its been really hard for us to deal with, it actually feels like someone has ripped my heart out and jumped all over it. Weve been trying to think of ways to help, he never says anything about it, probably because he can't really put a name on it. And of course its not really one little thing, it is all the little bits adding to make it large IYKWIM, and of course Jake being the quiet shy type hasn't helped much. The teacher tells us he is happy most of the time and wants to play on his own (I wonder why). Weve been busy trying to work out ways to help him. So if you have any ideas do let me know please. Of course this before scrapcamp made it quite hard for me being away. In fact I nearly didn't go, and probably shouldn't have considering the way I was feeling. But I did and really enjoyed it when I wasn't thinking about everything Jake has been through.



SCRAPCAMP
Well for scrapcamp I had the privelege of sitting beside Andrea and Janine, (thankyou ladies). These ladies are awesome, and what a great location the camp was. There was 21 of us scrapbookers and room for lots lots more. There were lots of prizes donated by fiskars, up2scrap (the New Zealand scrapbooking magazine) and make and takes donated to the retreat weekend by Andrea at scrapbookoutlet and Meg at scrapbook essentials . There was also alot of work put in by Lara and Nik . All your work was very much appreciated. Over the weekend we had quite a few challenges. I came away with 11 layouts and two minni albums and one card. This one entitled "is this how ladies behave?" was for my no paper challenge.

One that we did was write down on a piece of pp a product and the other was a a technique (I wrote down paint and distressing). We all put our bits of paper in and later on pulled one out and we had to use that technique on a layout. I pulled out paint and eyelets. This layout is the resulting page.We also had to scraplift a layout from someone else at the retreat. I chose a layout done by Lara This challenge was an interesting one. We had to pick a photo and papers and start scrapping. After 7 minutes it was passed on to the next person, and then again after 7 minutes until it was finneshed. And this is what I ended up with. A little piece of everyone at the retreat. Aint it gorgeous?And this one, we were gived two pieces of pp, journaling page and three buttons and had to produce a layout, we could include anything else we wanted but had to include some of everything we were given. The resulting layout "Loved"This one was done for Leannes challenge on NewZealand dares . A layout that had 200 words on it "throught the generations" Then there is this one of Jake on the mechanical bull at the Local rodeo


And this one just because :)

6 comments:

Penny said...

Man I'm so sorry about Jake and the bullying.. because that is what is is, and I think you are within your rights to march up to the school and complain. I feel for you. Most schools don't want bullying in their schools so do go and talk to them about it.

Look at all your LOs! Great work Bronny - they are excellent and you will be proud to have them all done.

Donna said...

Oh Bronny! I know where you're coming from & how you are feeling. My son is very shy & not the 'cool, boisterous' sort either & although he's coped at primary, who knows what Intermediate may bring. I don't know any advice to give. I just guess keep the hugs going so he knows home is a safe, loving enviroment. And as Penny says, keep on the schools back. It is unacceptable for this to happen, but unfortunately the way life is.
Your Scrapcamp work is awesome too & congrats on the Dare one!

Anonymous said...

Oh Bronny - it's never nice to hear of these things... kids can be right royal PITAs sometimes...Sorry I can't offer much practical advice either - going to the school seems to be a good suggestion. How awful for Lionel to be there and still have it happen. I hope you little guy gets through this. {hugs} for him and you.

Mardi said...

Bronny that bullying sounds terrible...I wish I had the answers for you...it just happens way too much..II wish you all the best with sorting it out for poor Jake.

Great to hear you had a wonderful scrapcamp too....probably just what you needed..
Mardi x

Anonymous said...

Hey Bronny, I'm so sorry to read your son is going thru right now. That totally sucks and shouldn't be tolerated.

Love all your work, that's absolutely fabulous to have completed so many pages.

Jenny said...

Bronny - sorry that happened to Jake. Like the others said, I would be at the school with a formal complaint.

I am glad that you enjoyed scrap camp - only 4 weeks to mine!