Friday, March 23, 2007

Hot hot hot

Well it certainly is hot today. 29 out side and 28 in with all my doors open and not a breathe of wind outside. I am actually loving it. Been busy this week with shearing and Wednesday we had playgroup and a farewell for a wee girl there who starts school on Tuesday. Then today we had mainly music in Lawrence which was fantastic, about 30 odd kids there so a good turn out. I am meant to be baking at the moment as there is local dog trials on tomorrow but I have to go and get the kids off the bus in about 10 minutes so will start when I get back. I should of done it yesterday but put it off because I wanted a whole afternoon doing it (I prefer to bake in the morning though) and yesterday I wouldn't of been able to start till 3.00, so planned on today, but that turned to custard after getting back from Lawrence and DH came in and said that our cattle had crossed the river and we had to go down to get them in. Thirty minute job turned into over an hour grrrr. So here I am waiting to the last minute. Our tins will have to wait till sometime next week.
Monday we have a holiday as it is our Anniversary day so there is no school, which I am looking forward to. Mum is coming over Saturday night as dad is away on a hunt in Fiordland, so hopefully we can go and do something. Might even tell her to bring her scrapping supplies so we can have a go at scrapping.
Better run.
Till next time.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow, life in the country sounds great... reminiscing about my childhood. I love the city but some days you just have enough of it IYKWIM!