Thursday, June 05, 2008

Sick kids.

Well its been a long couple of weeks. Ive had Jake at home all this week and a few days last week. He is on antibiotics for a bronchial infection and has a terrible cough on him. Hopefully he will be back at school next week.

My parcel from Andrea is in the post so I will be able to share with you all the goodies. Hopefully my computer will be back with my programe so that I am able to downsize photos other wise they will be just too big IYKWIM.

My street wise programe is going very well, and boy, I've learnt allot, and am absolutely loving it. Its just getting it all down patt so that in a situation it will come naturally. Lets just hope I don't get into a situation. One of the first things we were taught is, if you are mugged or attacked, don't yell out "help" "stop it", specially if people are near by. Apparently people won't come to that, The lady that was nearly killed in Dunedin at the beginning of the year, they say at least 50 people would of heard here but chose to ignore her. But if she had yelled "FIRE" people would of come running. So don't forget that, yell "FIRE" at the top of your lungs, you will be surprised apparently.

Lionel and the boys have their white belts in Karate and Lionel also has his white belt in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). He loves the MMA and says it is very physical, and now comes home and practices on me, luckily I do street wise, so am able to fight him off LOL.

Queensbirthday weekend was a fantastic weekend. Abby and I went to a 4th birthday party Saturday morning then in the afternoon we had friends come and stay a night from Winton. I hadn't seen Her for 7 years, so meeting the kids was fantastic. We've seen her DH a bit with trips he does but just not the kids or his wife. Then on Monday we had more visitors which was fantastic, very unexpected, kind of off the cuff, so we all had a great catch up and laughs.
So not much got done over the weekend.

Well that is it for now, just a quick hello and good bye. till next time.

6 comments:

Penny said...

sick kids are never fun.

Glad you are enjoying the course!

Anonymous said...

Theres a lot of sickness around at the moment and hopefully thats the end of it for you all.

Must remember to yell fire - good tip!

Jenny said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Oooh can't wait for your box to arrive from SBO - I'm aiting for mine too

Lara said...

good tip. I'm waiting for a box too!
congrats on the whitebelts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bronny :)

My first visit to your blog. Sounds like a wonderful weekend you had.

Hope the wee ones are much better now.

Anonymous said...

hey getting scrappy parcles are always fun. Now thats a good tip to remember, isn't it odd how in a society we do not respond to help.