Monday, May 26, 2008

Darn computers

Last week, we brought a laptop for DH. Lionel has decided that he has to start getting up with the 21st century and broadening his horizons a bit. We didn't want two desktops so a laptop was the only way to go, then in the winter when its cold I can sit out in the lounge and use his (he he he). Well we got it last Wednesday. Fantastic I thought, then Saturday the mouse stopped working on mine, so it was Lionel's computer. I brought a mouse today from the local computer man and after being to Clutha turned my puter on. What happens...... It goes bang.....bang.. Nothing. It won't work at all, so now I have a brand new mouse and no puter to plug it into and back to DH's. I'm taking it to Jons tomorrow morning when I drop the boys off so hopefully it isn't serious. Even though it sounded serious. Fingers crossed.
DH went to the dentist today. He broke half a tooth away and I made him go LOL. He isn't a fan of the dentist and gets really uptight and jittery LOL (Don't tell him I said that :) ). So we had to go through the rigmerole of picking a dentist in Balclutha. We got the three names out of the yellow pages and then went about picking one. Decision's decision's. In the end we got one and we picked him because he looked more professional LOL (He had a fax number in his add). Well Lionel said he was great (not a comment Lionel puts in the same sentence as dentist LOL) and what was better was he put in two pins and built the tooth up, did x-rays, injections and took half an hour, and charged $60. Couldn't believe it, thought it would of been over $100 anyway. Well that is it for now. Hopefully I'll be back to my computer soon so will keep this updated more easily :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bronny I hope it's not to serious with your computer but hey if it won't go you have a new laptop.....LOL!!!!! Glad to hear everything went well with the dentist and only $60, that was cheap. Hope your keeping warm!

Penny said...

$60!!!!!!!! What! I so need to go to Balclutha for my dentist appointment.

You could always plug the mouse into the laptop ;) LOL!

Hope it isn't too serious.

Jenny said...

I hope that the computer gets sorted soon for you.

Agree with Penny - need to go to the dentist down there. $60 is really good value

Has that large piece of apparatus arrived yet? :-)

Angela said...

LIke the others, $60?!?!? What? It would be cheaper for me to get a seat on Grab a Seat and come down there to the dentist, man, mine charges that just to sit in her chair. I'm thinking we better look around price wise!

Sorry to hear about the computer, hopefully it's good news, at least you still have the laptop. I had a similar incident this morning, when Firefox wouldn't open, I could stilluse IE, but I freaked, 'cause all my bookmarks, etc were in FF, I'd be lost!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bronny - found my way here from both Tanya's forum and SBO.

Can't believe you got away with $60 for the dentist - good value I would say. As for the computer it would make me very nervous to be without one so hopefully yours is not going to be a major problem to sort out. Ours is having the heebie jeebies at the moment as well - just as we are about to install broadband!