Sunday, May 04, 2008

Holidays are nearly over


Only one more sleep and the boys will be back at school. Sad really. They have flown by so quickly. Didn't get half the stuff done I had planned. I'd been meaning to go and catch up with a few people and haven't visited anyone. So to make up for it, I'm off to visit two people tomorrow. One is new in the district so I'll take something up to her and introduce myself.
On the scrapbooking front I've been doing a few BTP (beyond the pages).
Scrapbook outlet have had a few competitions running and with yesterday being international scrapbooking day things were busy on there as well as most scrapbooking sites, to celebrate the occasion. I didn't get much done at all for it, but some of the competitions run until Friday night, so I've still got time (I think ). I have won a prize on SBO but am not sure what it is, it is arriving hopefully Tuesday. I will share with you later :)

These two are for a altered note book challenge. You could alter one or you could make one from scratch. These two are altered and when I get a new toy (Hopefully Tuesday) I will be doing ones from scratch. (I will post a picture of my new toy when I get it, after I've had a play) .

The first one is a altered 3B1. I've always got note books around me and the kids always try and say they are theres, so this way there is no doubting it ;)And this one is a cheap spiral bound one from The Warehouse (I think they were 3 for $1.00). It will be handy to keep in my handbag. I always seem to be looking for a piece of paper to write notes on so will be great).

No guessing what these are for. Again it is a competition on SBO. The card was made using my cuttlebug and a heart die with a embossing folder and then inked to give definition, and also the back ground has been put through a embossing folder too. (I love my cuttlebug and folders and of course the dies). For those that don't know, dies cut and folders emboss, giving it the raised and recessed pattern which you can then ink or leave as is.

Mum doesn't like anything for mothers day, so I just altered this eclipse tin and made butterflies to go on it.Then I made this small tag album with quotes on it to fit inside. So that is it from me. Till next time

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi bonny I love what you have scrapped over the weekend, espcially the card and the eclipse tin with the quotes inside it, what a lovely M day gift!

Penny said...

Oh Excellent Idea about the eclipse tin... have kept a bunch of these. Thanks! Will try and get one done for the MIL.

Lara said...

love the details in all of these. That mothers day card is gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Your note books are great - I had no inspiration for them. Tell me what you're getting from SBO?