Saturday, May 24, 2008

Been a tragic week

It has truely been a tragic week down here. People from around the road were in a horrific road accident. The husband and eldest sons best friend lost their lives, and the youngest son was left fighting for his life because of the lap belt in the back seat. The community have been absolutely amazing. I went around to a friends place yesterday (the sister in law of the gentleman killed) and the cards/ flowers/ food was absoulety amazing. The fridge was over flowing and the feezer, tins were filled. It was a heart warming site in such a horrific situation. There was one funeral on Thursday and the other on Friday and Lionel said there was at least 800 people at the funeral. It has really brought home to roost the time I spend with my family is precious and not to take any situation or time with them for granted.
On a much lighter note. For those that know Olly, know that he loves boxes, containers, anything with pockets, and he is always trying to fill these with anything he can find, usually stones, cut up bits of paper or anything he can get his hands on. Well anyway, he came up to me on Monday/Tuesday and said "Mum, my shoes are getting too small for me." So I went and had a look at them and what do I find???? In them there are three pairs of socks.... I took them out and told him to try them on " Ah that is much better mum. Thanks." And runs away LOL. Every day he comes home from school with hundreads of acorns (last time he told me he had 271) and they become sheep on his toy farm.
Abby also came up to me this past week, with her make up kit. She is holding the blusher brush and says to me "Is this thin Lizzy? Like the people on TV put on their legs?" Like I thought thin Lizzy's hadn't been on TV for about 5 years LOL. Took a bit of explaining that one LOL.
Well that is it for this week. I've got a heap of washing to do, we've had 2 inches of rain and Jake had rugby this morning in rather wet conditions LOL . So till next time

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That is very sad, Bronny

Penny said...

how awful!

Very amusing about the socks though. ;)

Vicky said...

What a very sad time! but lucky you have ollie to make you laugh! ROFL!! at the socks!