Sunday, May 18, 2008

Did you see 20/20 On Thursday?


Well there was a friend/neighbour from around the road on it. His name is Ralph and has Cerebal Paulsy (sp). It was a fantastic show (alright, I might be a bit biast LOL). Lionel went down to the firestation for a couple of hours to watch it with a few of Ralphs mates. Well he went down at 8.30 and didn't arrive home until the early hours of Friday morning LOL. Lets just say he was a bit slow on it Friday :), and there was no sympathy from here. But it was a great skit, even though it was only 10 or 15 minutes long, and they'd done so much filming for it. I think it would make a great country calender.
Friday night we had a ladies night out and went to Waihola for a meal. Usually it is the playgroup ladies that go and any one else that wants too. It is a great way to get to know newer people with out kids around, and it is a great social outing. There was 9 of us and we had a lovely meal (I did feel guilty about giving the kids and DH heated up mince, home made wedges and peas for tea). It wasn't a late night but certainly an enjoyable one.

Yesterday the boys had rugby, in different directions again, and I went with Olly and Lionel with Jake. Jake came home with the fairplay award so he was wrapped with that. They get a certificate and a moro bar. (I got to see the certificate).

Well here is a layout that I did yesterday, entitled Our river Queen. Sorry the photo isn't very good.
And this is a closer up of itand here is a cloer view of the clock face that I made, on the bottom right hand side of the photo.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Very pretty LO - the chipboard looks awesome.

I need you to give me lessons in layering ;)

Lara said...

I"m not looking forward to the kids sports... 3 directions would be soo complicated! left you love on that lo in the SBO gallery :-)

Jenny said...

I love your layering. When are you expecting that box with the great big crop-o-dile in it?

Anonymous said...

oh I love your river queen layout, love the layering and your take on no8 rocks, buttons now why didn't I think of that? Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog the other day too.