Saturday, May 10, 2008

Been a delay

Just to let you all know that the parcel hasn't arrived yet. Andrea has ended up in hospital and has been in Intensive Care and only just out into the general ward today, so she has been one sick lady. Hopefully she is on the mend and gaining strength back and will be back with us very soon.
Just to let you know (well actually Jenny, its specially for you). I have some Little yellow bike papers coming. They look absolutely divine. Some Sassafras lass papers, and I also have another toy coming, which I am not going to tell you what it is. I love keeping people in suspense. When it all arrives, I will post a photo of it all for you :).
Well this week has been a busy one. Jake and Lionel started Karate on Monday and absolutely loved it. Olly didn't want to because he thought that you had to fight, but he is going this week. Then on Wednesday, my Street wise course started, it is like a self defence but it is aimed at ladies and gentlemen. The tutor said that more and more males are being targeted and this course will help you defend yourself. So look out. Then Wednesday night after my street wise Lionel is doing mixed martial arts, which is a lot more physical than Karate, it is fighting on the ground as well as standing. Apparently if you learn Karate and they get you on the ground then you can be in a bit of trouble so this will be good for him and later on maybe the boys too. For the whole family to go it costs us $50 for the whole term and we can do all four courses, (Karate, MMA or mixed martial arts, Street wise and Thai chi) for that cost if we want too. I couldn't believe that when he told me. Next term I wouldn't mind looking at Karate too but at the moment the one will do LOL.
Today we had Rugby in Balclutha. Well Jake did and Olly was in Lawrence (but they were meant to be in Tapanui, so the two Lawrence teams played each other LOL). This time I was with Jake and Lionel with Olly. Jake played really well I thought. He is actually tackling now instead of running beside the players and he is running through them with determination now. So I was really wrapped as you can imagine. They lost 8 6 I think it was. And Olly tells me he got 6 tries in their win against the Blue Lawrence team (Olly is in the yellow team).
I'll be back when my parcel arrives ;)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think that you will like the LYB papers and your surprise is not a big eyelet hole maker is it? ;-) That sound slike a really good price for all those courses! Well done to your boys on their rugby. Please don't make us wait until your box arrives - that could be a while yet ........ but I hope not

Penny said...

Great price for the course! I did karate for a while - really enjoyed it.