Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I have been scrapping :)

Yes I have been scrapping. Can you believe it? I know a few of you will be surprised. (you can pick yourself up off the floor now Sharee).

Had another busy week here. Still mucking around getting rooms sorted out. Been working on the sleep out. There is still stuff left by the previous owners who are coming to get it all soon (hopefully). The carpets are an absolute disgrace and I am going to rip them out. It looks like there has been moths in there and they have laid their eggs and they have hatched into lava. They have been eating the carpet ewwwwwwwww. So my plan is to rip them paint the floor (it is concrete and has underfloor heating) and get a nice rug. Good plan?

Started shearing yesterday and boy it is hard getting back into it. It is the first time that we have done full wool for probably 7 years. This morning by legs felt it I tell you. Felt like a wound up rubber band and if I bent over the muscles would break LOL. But by the end of it I will be fine. So two days down and 7 more to go, ahhhh. Luckily we are just doing two runs (four hours) a day so that we can get animals fed and other things done on the farm, also doing it that way the kids don't get sick of it, well that is the plan.

Tomorrow we have playgroup, then on Thursday Jake has his first cross country down here. Must remember to take my camera, it has had very little use.

I will get a copy of my layout up for next time after I have scanned it.
Well take care everyone. Till next time

3 comments:

Sharee Mortensen said...

My god Bron I am shocked!! Hurry up and show it off (the LO I mean). Oh shearin wot fun! Have lotsa baths to soak weary bones. Sounds like your camera is as busy as mine!
Better pick meself off the floor now...
NIET

Mardi said...

Hi Bronny....you sound very happy in your new home...busy but content. Im so pleased the kids are settling in well also. It must be nice to get the home how you want it...and please scrap a layout of your kitchen before you change it...Lol.
Take care....and soak your weary shearing muscles....Mardi x

Delys said...

Can understand the sore muscles as I am having them bending over calves head in a headlock between my thighs! LOL!Good plan working it all to the kids maximum attention span...lol!thats farming+family life huh!Cant wait to see this LO ..good on you!