Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Didn't make it

Well I didn't do any good with the DT. Never mind, I enjoyed entering and found it did push my boundaries alot more than I thought it would. They have their first sketch up which was done by the guest this fortnight (Kim Archer). Here is my take on it, which was done quickly last night.

It is photos from Jake when he did his first cross country at Kakanui, entitles "our own Star". The journaling reads:

Jake. Your first ever crosscountry and it was at Kakanui school. It was brilliant to see. At the obstacles you would stop to help slower people over. Joy even stopped to help a boy put his shoe back on. But when you crsosed the finnesh line there was alot of yelling clapping and a HUGE SMILE on your face. Held at the Maheno Domain 26.10.05

Lionels heading dog had pups about two and a half weeks ago. She had 6 pups four dogs (male dogs) and two bitches (female dogs). My old dog is the father as I wanted another litter by him before he was too old. I've got one out of the last litter and she is going really well, but I prefer dogs so wanted to get one.

Here is Jake with one of them (a dog pup).

And Abby with another one (a bitch pup). I can see layouts happening with these photos :)

We already have homes for them all which is great and there is about four heading back to where we've moved from. Today I've moved them out into a pen and run so that the kids are able to get in there and play with them so the pups get use to being handled. Kids are one of the best things for pups :). As you can see they are getting plenty of attention.

Last Saturday night we had the farm Century awards here in Lawrence, which the prime minister was at handing out the awards. So alot of people were doing alot of hard work preparing for the meal etc. I helped out on the Saturday morning and a bit of the afternoon making special pikelets with salmon etc on top. So if you went and ate these and are now sick, please don't blame me LOL. Was great to get in and help and meet some more locals.

Had the usual this week, playgroup today and Music on Friday which Abby is already looking forward to. Mothers day on Sunday for all you Kiwi ladies reading. I hope you all get treated like a queen for the day, even if it is just the dishes being done, everyone picking up after them selves, instead of being asked to, begged too, or yelled at too. For me there is no presents or cards (although I have a sneaky suspission that the boys are doing something at school).

Well that is it for now. Take Care Bronny :)

No comments: