Sunday, May 10, 2009

Snowing

Lots has been happening here over the last week. And I do love it like that. We had one of Lionels sisters and her husband visit last weekend, they came on Friday and left on Sunday. It was mainly for duckshooting, which by the way was an utter disaster. They shot two ducks, and could only retrieve one. But they did get 10 goats. Jake had a ball and was absolutely shot by the end of the weekend.
Then on the Tuesday night a wee friend of Abbys came and stayed the night after school. Her mother had a course in Dunedin and it was easier that she stayed than coming to get her later on, and there was no complaints from here.

Then Wednesday night a friend from Oamaru was here. Was great to catch up with him, the only downer to that was Lionel had to head away first thing on Thursday to Oamaru. His mum is sick and he had to go and find out for himself how things were. There was a few contradictory stories so it was better that he see for himself. So while he was up there he booked the Falcon into a guy we know up there, and on the Friday they had trouble with it, so in the end he had to bring a loan car home and will go back up next week.

Friday my mum came to stay and brought my Nana down to stay with her sister in Clutha, so I met them in Lawrence and we went out for a lovely mothers day lunch, the three of us.

Mum left today early as it was snowing, couldn't believe it. Not much but snow never the less.
For the last two winters we've had real trouble with moisture inside. It came around when we pulled the internal wall out which had the open fire in it. New carpet went down at the same time but now where the sliding and stacking doors are it is starting to go moldy, and it hasn't been three years. Last year I started researching domestic ventilation systems. And finally I have found the system for us. It is called Drive air and is going in this coming week. The man came and talked to us on Tuesday and gave us a price, so it will be good bye to wet windows. Will let you know how it goes

Saturday the boys had rugby in Clutha, so we all went in and watched. They just lost but it was a very good game and the team has come on leaps and bounds since the start of the year.

Jake having his little run :)
Saturday afternoon Lionel went and watched the seniors here in Lawrence, the boys wanted to go,(it was cold), so we said to go get warm clothes, jaket and a hat (meaning a warm one) and this is what Olly came back like. He couldn't see the problem with his hat LOL, apart from the fact it would of blown off and the fact it isn't warm, I guess it would be alright LOL.After doing the photo a day a couple of months ago I thought that I should take my camera with me more often. The fact that everyones days are filled with such different things, and what I think is normal is quite different to what others do. One day I did remember to take the camera, the day wasn't the best but I got some photos of what I was doing. Shifting sheep LOL, so this is what my busy schedule involves, Unfortunately you can't see my dogs, one day I'll get a photo of them :)This is going up the lane, Just on the other side of the hedge at the top is where our house is. The lane goes around the back and up to the woolshed. I guess this is my usual roadblock "SHEEP".

Scrapbookoutlet has had little challenges going all month, each time you complete a challenge your name goes in the draw for a RAK (little something). And this month I was lucky enough to win it so yayyyy, not sure what it is yet. Here is some that I will share with you ;) This was a recipe challenge, 30x30 piece of card stock 28x28 pp etc, and this is what I came up with.This one had to have circles in it. This actually has 11 if you look, plus the buttons and the pp has dots too :)This one was for something and now I can't remember what for, I actually think I forgot to upload it LOL.

Also there was worldwide scrapbooking day last weekend, and with visitors I never got to compete, but I still won something. Now its not often that happens is it. But the awesome Jenny won a free copy of the new scrapbooking mag inovations. And what did she do, no she didn't keep it for herself, she has told Andrea to pass it on to me. So Jenny a huge thankyou, YOU ROCK :)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't believe that you have snow already!

Looking at your sheep photos, you really do live a very different life from those of us in town

I hope that you get your magazine soon and you enjoy it when you do get it

Vicki said...

Wow Bronny what a lot going on in your little corner of the world. Snow!!!! Gulp. As for your sheep, well I've got a wee sheepdog and one of his brothers was heading down your way, LOL

Sandra said...

I love reading your newsy posts, Bronny. What a lot you have had happening down your neck of the woods.

Here you are in for snow again today. It definitely feels like it is snowing somewhere from the temp here today - v. bleak, damp day and I am just about to light the fire for the first time this winter.

Love your layouts. I hope you have, or are going to submit some of your work to the new mag, Innovations.

Sandra said...

PS. Meant to say - tell Olly he looks like a real Southern Man in that shot with his get up and the can of Sprite in his hand, hee hee.

Liddy said...

Love your layouts as always and big congrats on your win. We had snow here too, it's laying on the hills behind us and it sure is cold....how long til summer???LOL

Penny said...

I like seeing what you are getting up to at the other end of the country :-)

Enjoy your mag :)