Monday, May 18, 2009

Proud yong Man.

We have one proud young man in the family. Why? Well they had another opening morning for duckshooting up central and Dad wanted to take Jake out, so Jake, Abby and I went up on Friday night. Olly wanted to stay so he could play rugby. Jake was awake at 3.30 in the morning wanting to know "if its time yet". LOL, luckily he went in to ask his Gran and Grandad not me LOL. After another 2 and a half hours they were having breakfast, getting guns and amunition out of the cabinet, getting food ready (they took enough for about a week LOL). And off they set. I on the other hand got ready to go and see my Nana in Ranfurly. She wanted her photos sorted out and I'm going to do her a couple of albums. I want to do it so that when she goes into a home then she can have her albums around her instead of her wall plastered with them, as I know that your not alowed too many on the wall. Well she had suit cases full and there was so many photos that she had no idea who was in them or what they were about, just really brought home to me the reason why I scrap book, "to tell the story". Well it turned into a four hour marathon but I've brought home photos that mean the most to her and will start a realy simple album when I sort out the size I am going to do and papers.
Half way through doing this I got a phone call. It was Jake and he was so excited, he had two ducks with three shots, and flying too. When I got home they had just left again to stalk a few ponds and he came home with another one. Because I'd forgotten my camera we took the ducks home with feathers and all their bits and pieces on so we could get photos. (I know, silly forgetting my camera, and I haven't worked out how that happened). Well here is the proud hunter :)Doesn't he look proud :) And we had them for lunch on Sunday, they were beautiful. :) After getting home all Jake went on about was shooting and going out to get another one for Garry (the neighbour). Sunday after lunch they (Jake, Lionel, Olly and Abby) went out and Jake got another one, so it got plucked and gutted and taken up the road immediately. Lionel said it was so funny stalking the pond, Jake was trying to keep Abby quiet, Olly was pretending he was getting a try and was running around looking for spend cartridges (he uses them for fences on his farm LOL). Wish I was there to take a photo LOL.

The week before at Rugby Olly got player of the day so here he is showing off the trophy before he had to take it back

Now a couple of layouts to share. This layout was for a spring challenge. And I told the story of how old these daffodils are and me not bringing any of the bulbs with us :)

This layout is for a challenge at scrapbook outlet . It was a shopping challenge and I brought, circles, flowers and eyelets. (the eyelets are in the centre of the flowers). I actually enjoyed this one and quite like the circle as a frame/mat.
Well that is all for now. Take care

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Well that sure made his day didn't it. No stopping him now. Good luck with all those photos too.

Lara said...

Won't show Jase these pics...he will be so envious since he can't get out this year!

Nicki said...

Well done Jake - how exciting!! Yes theres no stopping him now!

Penny said...

:) I can see how happy he is.

topkatnz said...

Wow, lots of exciting news there. Excellent. Good luck with those old photos...

Jenny said...

Good luck with all those photos

Sandra said...

How exciting and well done, Jake!!!

Love the photo of him with the big grin.

Once again, awesome layouts here, Bronny.