Monday, June 12, 2006

Home relaxed and refreshed

Well we had a fantastic night away on Saturday in Queenstown, Millennium Motel of all places. This was our prize for winning the Scott and Co (our accountants) super 14 rugby picks. Talk about flash, although I have to admit it wasn't as nice as the one in Christchurch but it was still fantastic. We dropped the kids off at Mum and Dads in Central and had a meal with them before continuing on to Queenstown getting there about 4.00. We had a meal at the Speights Bar and restaurant and then went back to the Motel and watched the rugby. At least this game wasn't held in thick fog and we could see what was happening. For Breakfast we went down to the restaurant and had the full course breakfast meal (of course all this was paid for by Scott and Co). What a delicious meal, bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, omletes etc, the absolute works. It was thoroughly enjoyed and then we headed home reluctantly LOL. Called in to some family in Arrowtown and caught up with them. It was absolutely pouring down when we left but by the time we got to the kids it was fine. Ended up getting home here about 5.00. Luckily (or unluckily as the case may be) we didn't have it in Queenstown the next night as there was inches of snow. Mum and dad had 5 inches and on the other side of Oamaru they had two feet of the stuff and even right down to sea level. Lovely to look at though ;).
Watched dancing with the stars and my prayers were answered (sorry Rodney) but the dance was absolutely hiddeous and don't you feel sorry for his poor partner, being dropped like that, how embarrasing but at least he got voted off. Now who do we want to win? Well I vote for Queen Beatrice. Lorraine is beautiful but to me Beatrice is the one. (Listen to me and I haven't even voted yet :( ) .
In the scrapbooking front I have made no layouts but just completed a project for my Auntys 50th Birthday at the end of the month. She is having a party but unfortunatley it is at the other end of the country and hopefully we will be shifting farms about the same time so are unable to make it. I made a album kind of thing to go on her table that she can take to her party and get people to sign it and leave comments in it and also be able to put photos in it. If she keeps it on her coffee table she will be able to look at all the wonderful comments and photos and bring back some wonderful memories. I will get a photo before my next posting and you can all see what I mean. I plan on making a 50th Badge for her that co-ordinates with it as well, so she can wear it on the night and also a card. Hopefully the card turns out like I imagine LOL.
Till next time take care and keep scrapping :).

1 comment:

Sharee Mortensen said...

You forgot to mention how famous you are gonna be!! Congrats to you SIET I am so proud of you :)