Thursday, June 15, 2006

A short notice trip to the Waitahuna farm

Last night we had a phone call to say that our sheep were going to be landed on the new farm ( I know we are getting the cart before the horse here but it was too good a deal to say no to IYKWIM) They were to arrive at 9.30 this morning which meant leaving here about 7.15. So we told Jake that he could come down to the farm with us if he wanted to look at the sheep. His reply was "Oh no, I will stay home with Mum." Trying to explain to him that we were all going. I started thinking someone had their wires crossed. Turns out he was thinking we were going to look at the sheep and he wanted to stay at the house at Waitahuna, he is already calling it home so I don't know how he will cope if it all doesn't go through. Not a nice thought for everyone really. We now have until Friday the 23rd to find out one way or another. Seven days to wait it out. Everyone seems to be fairly sure it is going ahead but we want to hear officially first as you can imagine. This morning at 10 to 4 Jake comes into our bedroom "Dad, Dad, can we get up now and go to our new house?" What was this kid thinking, not even 4.00, I couldn't handel this, so I sunk my elbow into Lionel (hee hee, gotta love that RAFLMAO). He was so wound up (Jake not Lionel LOL). He didn't get settled down till about 5.30 then we were up about 6.00.
It was a beautiful day down there and we got to have another look around and meet one of the neighbours again. Didn't get home till about 6.00 after getting tea in Dunedin. Guess what we had? McDonalds. The kids just thought it was the bees knees. (We had to eat it in the car as the kids managed to find a huge mud puddle and were playing games in it LOL. Actually looks like it could of been tackle.) Last time we had McD's was the beginning of the year so it did make a nice change.
Well I have just had a huge dissagreement with Abby. She was already to go to bed (is late because she had a big sleep in the car on the way home). She had yellow pjs on and on going to bed decided that there was no way she was going to bed tonight with yellow PJS on when she knew there was pink ones there. She won LOL. I am not sure where she gets this girly thing from as I am far from girly, the only place I like pink is on a layout LOL. Everything she wears has to be pink or frilly, except she won't wear a skirt LOL. I hope it wears off soon as I can't handle a pink, pink girl LOL.
Well that is all the dribble for now. Please if you do pop in here leave a message so I know youve been.
Take care.
Oh yea, huge congratulations go out to my dear friend Sharee (her link can be found on my blog) who has made it into FK. Way to go NIET and also to Rach. I am so excited as I hear they are nearly a full page of each layout :) Now I have to wait till next week to see it.
Take care everyone :) and remember
Proffessionals built the titanic and amatuers built the arc. Have a go.

4 comments:

Mardi said...

I have my fingers crossed and surely the farm should go through ok....that would be just terrible if there was a hiccup at this late stage.
How funny is Jake...obviously very excited.
Mardi x

Donna said...

The pink girly thing will soon change to purple and then she will want to look like a living Bratz doll if my girl is anything to go by!!! LOL.
Hope everything works out for the farm.
You must be pleased Rodney was kicked off last week!!!

Sharee Mortensen said...

Oh the memories of pink fanaticism - thanks for the laff!! And the congrats on FK - hurry up and get the mag woman so you can see it!!!
NIET

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»