Friday, April 11, 2008

Quck update



Just some photos to share of Olly in action at the rugby last weekend. Tomorrow they have their first round of the draw. Only problem is

Jake is playing in Balclutha and Olly is playing in Herriot. About an hour apart and playing at the same time :) Luckily we now have two vehicles so we can go in opposite directions LOL.

I had Abby in the car with me after being at Mainly music and after 1o weeks they get to keep their chart with stickers on to take home and put on the fridge. Anyway I was driving along and Abby was trying to tell me about something on her chart. I said I can't look I'm driving. To which Abby replied, "Oh thats all right mum, you look at this and I will tell you when there is a corner coming up." Thats a bit scary.

Lionel had a appointment at school yesterday, with the lady who was observing Jake. he said it was great and got this 4 page write up on it all. And they have discussed things and she is coming back one day a week until it is all sorted, even if it takes 3 years. So that was great to hear.

There is a big scrapbooking retreat happening in Queenstown at the end of June. Click HERE for more details. It is going to be a fantastic weekend with lots being organised behind the scene. All the money raised is going to a Nominated charity. So if your interested follow the link there, or through scrapbook outlet .

I had a fantastic parcel arrive on my door this week. It was from fiskars (a prize I won) and in it there was the fantastic squeeze punch (star shape Large), scissors and the new fingertip knife. To be honnest I wasn't sure on the knife when I first saw it, as it looked a bit different. Well I guess it is different. It attaches to the underside of your finger and you hold it like a pen, but it is attatched to your finger instead. The accuracy of it is amazing. It is my new favourite tool.

Well that is about it for this post. Hope everyone is behaving ;). And be careful.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Great news for Jake and fun comment from Abby! Glad you on some stuff at Fiskars!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute comment from Abby alright! Gosh it sure sounds like you are going to be busy this rugby season. good luck with it all! :)

Penny said...

oooo he's concentrating there :)

Would love to go on retreat with you girls, but not this year :(

Interesting about the finger knife.. I've been looking at them and wondering how they work.

Angela said...

I love the page you did up there, based on the No8 wired sketch. My husband is going to the V8's this weekend, so that is on my schedule for tomorrow.

Yes, you are going to be busy with rugby, what about car-pooling, surely there are others who will be in a similar predicament.

Can I ask who the lady was (which department I suppose) who came to observe your Jake. I'm having problems too, and want to look at options. Did the school organise it or did you do it yourself? (you can email me four.mcs at extra