Friday, April 18, 2008

Snowing here today

I can't believe it. 18th of April and we had snow this morning. The kids were so excited seeing it snow. They thought that there might have been a day off school so they could build snowmen LOL. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us it dissapeared with in 5 minutes of landing. It is just too early for that really. It is still cold though and we have a fire on tuked up inside after being to music this morning. (Glad DH had bills to do and had the fire going so it was nice and warm indeed.) Me and a friend went out for lunch also as it was her daughters 5th birthday the other day and she was sick so we never got to go to Dunedin. I made this cool wall hanging for her birthday. It is one of those deep photo frames (can't remember the proper name of them). I put a photo of the birthday girl and Abby and called it best friends. Also had a flower etc in it. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo so I can't share it with you.


Now some layouts to share.

The following layout is for scrapbook outlet . It is based on Trinas sketch for this week (12.4.08). It is a great sketch and I enjoyed doing this one, using the grungeboard (arrows) and Felt for the first time ever (title). Also used my new star punch that I won through Fiskars. I love it, nearly as much as my new fingertip knife :)


This layout I did for Laras challenge on scrapbook outlet . To do a "harvest" layout. It was due a while ago and I never got it uploaded in time, so here it is for you to look at.
And this one just because. Photo was taken a while ago. The photo actually lifts up and there is journaling underneath it.Well I'm off to put some more coal on the fire. Take care

2 comments:

Penny said...

ack! snow already! noooooooo! I'm still in a tshirt. :) but thinking about putting on a jumper.

Anonymous said...

I love the lego layout classic. Eww at that snow you had and here I am moaning about the cold but its not like we had snow.Love your take on the no8 challenge too.