Sunday, February 17, 2008

Some photos to share

I've been down sizeing a couple of photos to share, (But in reality I'm putting off doing housework :) ).

Today it is a bit cool (actually have the fire on). We had 23 ml (92 points) of rain on Friday Saturday and it has all soaked in. There is some pretty happy farmers around here at the moment.

Friday and Saturday night we had a friend come and stay from North Otago, who we hadn't seen since we left. He was going to the shears in Gore to get in some practice for the Golden shears in Masterton in a fortnight. He is in the New Zealand team that is competing there so has to get in as much practice as he can. Lionel went down with him for the day and caught up with alot of old mates. I actually think he would of liked to had his gear with him and have another shear, not that he would tell you that.
Now the photos. The first one is Jake riding the Mechanical bull at the local Rodeo last weekend. He did very well with it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

These ones I took when I was on the trek up the Maungatuas last weekend. The first one is looking back towards Outram and from where we had come from.This one is along the top. Some of us continued to the repeater station and I stuck to the back so I could get some photos.This is my latest layout. It is for a challenge at scrapbookoutlet . The February challenge was to do a no person challenge. Then I added my own personal challenge to it by using bright colours (they are alot brighter in real life). But I am pleased with how it came out. Tells the story of our hens and the eggs :).

2 comments:

Penny said...

yummy eggs! That Carnivalc ate paper is one of my favourites. Neat LO!

Donna said...

Hi Bronny! I love your egges layout!! What a cool memory to have for the future (maybe it may become the norm in the big city to have chickens? LOL).
The photos are amazing. Suh a different world. Hoping to explore down South sometime. It's beautiful.