Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Valentines cards

Well I have been doing a couple of wee challenges. These are only card challenges (I've been saving the sketch challenges for scrapcamp).

The first one is for scrap camp and it is a valentines card challenge.
The second one is also a valentines card challenge for New Zealand dares , but this one had to include a photo on it. So I used a photo of Lionels and my hands when we got married ( soppy I know). As some of you know I am not really a Valentines girl and neither is Lionel, but this year is different :). The second card I think I will use for our wedding anniversary as we are married 10 years this year and we don't usually do anything for that either. I am really pleased with this card actually. Came out better than I imagined. :)

Today is Waitangi day so the kids didn't have school, which was awesome. So we went to Roxburgh and brought some hens. We packed a picnic lunch, bacon and egg pie and a settlers pie and we ate it at the park there. It was fantastic and what I loved about it all was there was 8 families all doing the same thing. They all had a packed lunch (some even had a thermos) and the kids were all playing at the park. It was an awesome sight actually.

We went and picked up 23 hens (15 for us and 8 for a friend). Brought them home and they are happy as wee sand boys. Haven't got a egg yet, but no doubt there will be three excited kids running out to check so they can have eggs on toast for breakfast.

Will be back for an update tomorow on the hens :) Till then

1 comment:

Penny said...

The cards look great! DH will be lucky if he gets one from me ;)

Yay for chookies. Hope they lay lots for ya.