Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yayyyyy its been raining.

We really needed it to keep our winter crops going and now we have just had 52 points (13mm). Very much needed and now my hubby has a real spring in his step.
I had a really busy weekend. On Saturday we had the local Rodeo which was great, specially as a cousin of mine and her family came down for it, it was just unfortunate that I had one of those weekends. After the Rodeo I took Molly (my horse) over to a friend of mines as we were away on a Trek on Sunday and it was going to save alot of time if both horses were at her place and I met her at the bottom of the hill. Then after that I had a catering job for the local Playgroup. We were catering for a wedding at the local hall. I didn't get home till 1am then I was up at just after 6.00 to make sure I had everything organised for the Trek. I met Jan and Molly at the bottom of the hill at 1/4 to 7 and we were off. We were on a trek through the Mangatuas (not sure on the spelling there sorry), which is just out of Outram, near Dunedin. It was a great trek and Molly was very well behaved. She wasn't as excited as last time and took it all in her stride. Luckily the day wasn't very hot, as there was a few steeper climbs. Met some lovely ladies and it was great as we all had alot in common. Afterwards we had a bbq and a few drinks and dispersed when it started raining. As you can imagine I was in bed fairly early that night to catch up on some needed sleep.
The Hens have slowed down a little in their egg laying (5) but Lionel tells me in a week they will be back up to 10 and 11 a day. When he was a kid they use to have 500 hens so he probably knows what he is talking about (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time :) ). I haven't taken any photos yet Lara, oh and I call myself a scrapbooker, must get my act together. I have some ideas just got to get onto it :)
Till next time, chin up :)

3 comments:

Penny said...

Glad you got some rain! We are having a bit too and the grounds is soaking it up. Pity about my washing tho'.

Lara said...

my parents farm looks up to the Maungatua - did yu get up to the 3 kings? You MUST get some photos! mmm, my garden has greened up heaps, but our hens haven't started laying yet :-(

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had a great day and I think everyone is grateful for the rain