Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mothers day present reaction

Well what a great reaction I got for Mums mothers day present. The kids had a ball going over it all with her and telling her all about it. The kids then decided that they had to go and make something for gran. They borrowed my stapler along with coloured staples and they stapled flax leaves, leaves, flowers together and made this awesome arangement for her.
On Wednesday we were off to town as usual and Lionel got this phone call from a friend who wanted Lionel to go to a clearing sale so he could bid on a tractor for him (he doesn't like buying at auctions). So he had to ring Lionel on his cell phone as he was away out shifting stock (there is alot to be said for cell phones sometimes.) Lionel said he would, then I got a phone call from another man wanting Lionel to help him load our big mower onto his truck, but of course this had to be postponed till the pm. Then I had a call from Lionels mother who had a flood in her house while she was away for two weeks and she couldn't pull the carpets up to get them out of the house to dry. When lionel got in from doing the stock work he rang her and said to get onto the insurance company. They sent around assessors and people to set up heaters etc to dry the bedrooms out (it was in the en-suite.) So in the end it was a town day with just me. It was quite nice actually and I even had time to go and look at hand bags. Something I am in desperate need of as the one I have got I have had for about 10 years and it has nearly fallen to bits. There is one in particular that I adore so I will go and have another look next week and hopefully buy it. If I do get it I will post a picture to share :).
Today we were going to be shearing, had the sheep in the yards over night and I had even penned up when we decided that there wasn't enought wool on them yet. LOL. So we let them out. We're were wanting to get them shorn before we move but it is a bit silly if we are only doing it to save time down the road (specially since there was only about 2 inches on them). So instead of shearing this morning we did some more packing. The container is getting fairly full now and looks good. Even taken a fair bit of junk to the dump. (boy I don't know were it all comes from really).
In the scrapbooking front I have done none lately. I have a challenge I have to do next (scrapping a baby photo of either me or one of the kids). I have a photo of Olly picked out but just have to do it now and with everything going on I am feeling pretty un-inspired by it all, but soon I will (when my mojo comes back from cardrona ski-field, I think it was there with Sharees on a holiday so hopefully come back ready for action ). Also submitted a heap of layouts to a few mags, up2scrap, for keeps, scrapbook creations, and scrapbook memories. I figure one day I will be accepted and I can't be accepted if I don't submit LOL.
Talking about scrapping magazines, has everyone got their recent copy of up2scrap? Hasn't it come on leaps and bounds since it first came on to the shelf. Great to see so many talented Kiwi scrappers there, Yolande Fenneman, Nic Howard (interesting to compare Nic's first layout and her most recent), the wonderful Evana Willis, Donna, Sharee (two LOL ) , Kelly Rotherham, Trina McClune, Liane Gray, Faye Gregory, Jo Burney and the many other talented ladies that I have indicated. If you haven't got your copy, you better get one, certainly worth a read.
Well that is all for today folks. Take care and keep your chin up.

Thought for the week
"Leave a few get well cards on the bench. That way when visitors call around they think there is a excuse for the mess." (I got this off a friend of mine in America and I love it LOL)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Your poor hubby sounds like he's in need of a holiday at Cardrona! Town day reminds me of my childhood when I lived on a farm. I take the shops for granted now I live in the big smoke with a supermarket & shops within a short walking distance.
Thanks for your lovely comments about Up2Scrap. Yes I agree with you about how it's improved so much each issue. Best of luck with your submissions. Just don't give up!! I hope your mojo comes back refreshed after it's holiday:)

Mardi said...

Bronny...how on earth would you find time to scrap at the moment with all that going on...Ive lost my mojo just thinking about it....lol.
Oh..and I hope you get to buy the new handbag....I love bags (and shoes)
Mardi