Sunday, May 07, 2006

New farm

What a shock, I am back and it has only been about three days.
Yesterday (Saturday) we went down to have a look at the farm for a couple of hours. Well it was meant to be a couple of hours but we got there at 10.30 and left at 4.00. What a fab time we all had though. The kids had a great hunt around and have picked out trees for tree huts (something we don't have much of here). We took a picnic lunch down, I made bacon and egg pie, mince pie (dh and kids love it cold ewww), chicken nibbles and also some cans of fizz which the kids thought were the best thing since slice bread :) One of the neighbours called in to see us which was brilliant. He lent Lionel a motor bike so he could go down over the back and have a look around after they had all the floods. The neighbour is brilliant, easy to talk to etc. He is the sort of guy that I would imagine if we were having a drink out side and he saw us he would call in for a drink and a chat (something I just love :) ) I just can't wait to get down there now.
On the way home we called in to the school for Jake and Olly to have a run around and a look at their school with out 40 pairs of eyes looking at them. They loved it with Jake wanting to get a set of keys for the pool there and then so we could go swimming. Today he was wanting to go back for another look around and to meet the teacher LOL. Gotta love them dont' you.
Today I also talked to my dear friend in the north Island. We have actually decided we are twins seperated at birth. So many things in common it is scary. We talked for 2 hours 7 minutes. Oh I hate those phones with timers.
The gentleman who has brought here called in today and had lunch with us which was great, then three other friends called in and had a drink with us, so we were fairly busy with people calling in all day. I love days like that :)
Well till next time. Take care. :)

1 comment:

Mardi said...

Hi Bronny...sounds like you had a great day at the new farm...I am so pleased that it is all feeling so right. I can almost imagine it...your countryside always looks so green and lush with big fluffy white sheep grazing... well at least on the travel shows I see....lol
Hope the packing is going well.
All the best with it all...Mardi